- Featured Events
- No comments
Monthly Meeting – Thursday, May 4th 7:00 – 9:00
Should Multifamily and Commercial Investing Be In Your Portfolio?
Tom Wilson, Wilson Investment Properties
Tom K Wilson will share his knowledge from 5 decades of investing experience to give you what you need to know to enter the lucrative world of multifamily and commercial investing……safely.
Investing in real estate has become a popular alternative for investors seeking diversification and yield, especially in an era marked by single-digit returns. Famous for outperforming traditional stock and bond allocations for decades, the Yale Endowment allocates up to 20% of it’s investment portfolio in real estate.
For individual investors, owning investment property can be lucrative with the potential to make money from steady residual income, tax benefits, and long-term appreciation. However, buying an investment property can be a time intensive process that can be deceptively difficult and expensive.
At the meeting you will get answers to important investing questions such as:
- How multifamily and commercial properties can accelerate your path to financial independence
- How you can invest in commercial properties for only $50,000
- Seven point check list to determine if you have what it takes to invest in commercial properties
- The most common mistakes new multifamily buyers make
- What makes Multfamily investing so different from singe family homes
- How to find and qualify for a commercial loan
- How to find the right balance between CAP rates and risk
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of using IRA money to invest in real estate
- What do I need to know to get started
- What are preferred returns, GRM, waterfalls, CAP rates, and IRR
- How to avoid recourse loans and personal liability
- How to select a great syndicator
- How to understand a commercial lease
Saturday, May 6th 9:00 – 5:00
Multifamily, Commercial and Syndication Investing
Come join speakers Tom K. Wilson, Neil Wahlgren, John Bush, an IRA specialist, and a Multifamily/Commercial Lender for comprehensive soup to nuts details of all you need to know to determine if multifamily and commercial investing should be in your portfolio.
- All of the venacular defined so you can speak and ask questions like an expert
- Real world case studies with actual numbers of actual deals
- What are the most important flags that tell you to walk away from a deal
- How can you source off market deals
- How to determine if the returns are good for a particular product and metro
- How to determine what the best metros are to invest in
- What is the right timing for different products and metros